Skylight Specialists skylights will fulfill its purchase function for a minimum of 10 years from the date of installation and 7 years for workmanship, see full details below for guarantee and maintenance of our skylight/s. If correctly operated and maintained, the product will continue to operate without any significant loss of function.
Skylight Specialists skylights 10 years
Workmanship (installation) 7 years
Electric openers and all other electrical components 1 year
Manual openers and components 5 years
Maintenance for your new Skylight Specialists skylight:
These skylights and roof hatches are very low maintenance, just add them to your maintenance regime along with your current roof and windows.
Manual and electric opening skylights or roof hatches:
- Gas struts
- Do not open in high winds
- Do not over wind the skylight (manual opening skylights)
- Do not over load- if a large amount of snow is on the skylight it is not recommended to open
- Gas struts, hinges, openers and the like are to be added to your maintenance regime along with your roof. Check and lubricate/clean every 1-3 months if in a coastal location, otherwise 3-6 monthly will be fine
- Skylight Specialists will not guarantee against water damage due to skylights being left open in the rain
If you have Colorsteel or Powder Coated flashings/external trim:
- Like your roof, these should be washed down every 1-3 months if coastal – 3-6 months otherwise
- Carefully remove any loose surface deposits with a wet sponge
- Use a soft brush (non-abrasive) and a mild household detergent in warm water (do not use solvents). Remove dust, salt and other deposits.
- Rinse off with clean fresh water
- Like any glass it is recommended to wash with a mild detergent every 3-6 months. If you have Low E coating – DO NOT use commercial cleaners – water with a bit of dishwashing detergent is perfect for the job. Rinse with clean water and dry the glass using a clean grit-free squeegee, cloth or paper towel.
- Avoid cleaning tinted and reflective glass surfaces in direct sunlight
- No solvents should ever come into contact with the glass or unit
Skylight Specialists recommend that your skylight is maintenance checked every 5 years.
Please note: This guarantee will become null and void, if during the guarantee period: the skylight is misused; the skylight is interfered with by anyone other than Skylight Specialists; the skylight is not maintained in accordance with instructions and advice from Skylight Specialists.